Sunday 22 May 2011

Tynedale Spinners Guild - Stocksfield

Yesterday I did the 2 hour drive to Stocksfield to attend the Tynedale Spinners and Weavers Guild Fibre Event, and won the battle with the Sat Nav by turning the volume down whilst I drove through Darlington to get to the A68. It was good to see old faces and see what they done with the fibre they had bought last year. One lady, Grace, had bought some Merino and Bamboo tops which she had spun, dyed and wove the fibre to make a jacket. It was beautiful.
Though sales were down a little, it's still worth the trip and I shall be there next year. Now just need to get everything sorted for Woolfest. I won't be taking any of my fibre to Saltburn Farmer's Market in June, just my knitting wools, some of which I'v still got to dye, but I've run out of yellow, black and green dye and I can't wait until Woolfest, so will have to order some next week. Another job to add to the list!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise, sorry I didn't make on Saturday, my ME was making it's presence felt! Three miles is a long way when you are feeling completely brain dead......

Sounds as if you had a good day though. I will catch up with you another time.

Debbie, Barnacre Alpacas said...

I was hoping to pop over with my spinning wheel but with girls looking fit to burst I didn't dare leave then that long.

Denise said...

Don't worry Debbie & Jon, I'll be as Stocksfield next year, so hopefully we will get to meet up