Monday 16 May 2011

Cold and Windy day at Saltburn

On Saturday I was at the Farmer's Market at Saltburn, the forecast was for rain, so we were all prepared for the worst.
It didn't rain, just a cold wind, which blew straight through you and as a result the market was not very busy, though when I got home and totted up what I taken, I was pleasantly surprised. So it wasn't as bad as I'd thought.
Saltburn Farmer's Market is in the process of becoming officially recognised by the North Eastern Area of Farmer's Market which will be good for all of the regular stallholders. It is such a good market.
On Tuesday night I'm booked to give a talk at Marton WI on my exotic fibre. As usual I have no script prepared, will just take my fibre and use that as the props for my talk. This gives me the freedom to take the talk which ever way my audience want to go. Seems to work for me, though I know for other professional speakers, way too scary......
Then on Saturday I'm off to Tynedale Guild in Stocksfield for their annual fibre event where I have a table to sell my fibre. Usually a great event and the food is superb too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise, where in Stocksfield is the Guild event? we only live a couple of miles away and I would like to try and pop over to meet you.