Sunday 21 November 2010

Some more new girls

On Wednesday we went over to our friend's Richard and Steph's smallholding to pick up 3 Teeswater Gimmers.
This is Seekie

This is Dimples

and this is Diddles

We didn't choose the names, but the girls are used to them, so we won't be changing them. They are now in with our other gimmers, so we now have a small flock of 12 gimmers to replace some of our older ewes next year and also to increase our breeding flock to 30.

Talking about the ewes, finally ewe 703 has a been covered by Gus. We were going to give her until next weekend and if she wasn't covered by then, she was off to the cull ewe sale.

Life is going to be very busy over the next 2 weeks. I'm working for the Employment Tribunal for 10 days, then next Sunday and the following weekend a couple of craft fairs at Danby. I've had to order some more sock yarn as I've nearly sold out, that should arrive on Tuesday. When I will get chance to dye it up I don't know, but I'm going to have to get it done. It seems as if my work at the moment is like buses, nothing for ages then loads come along at once!

No comments: