Tuesday 28 August 2012

British Wool Weekend

happens this weekend at the Great Yorkshire Showground, and so over the last couple of weeks I've been busy dying wool and fibre, and to this end when the Hobbits were here a couple of weeks ago they helped me dye 3 kilos of knitting wool.
This is the result of their work, drying in the sun, on one of the few dry days we've had in August.
I've also dyed 1 1/5kgs of alpaca, again a request from one of my regular customers for some rainbow dyed alpaca, and some Teeswater fleece.
I've also been re-bagging my fibre with our new address, it's not all done but I hope to get it finished by the start of next year's fibre events, and I've also sent a booking form off for Stockton Sparkle, an event that is 4 days long at the beginning of December.
Once this weekend is over I'm hoping to spend the rest of September working on the garden, I really want to get my chickens here and start to get the veg area of my garden dug over, but the soil is so hard, like concrete, despite all the rain we've had, I know it is going to be a long, slow process getting the veg garden ready. But it will happen!!!!

No comments: