Monday 23 July 2012

Botton Market and Malton Show

This weekend, yet again I was once again at two markets. Saturday was my usual monthly Botton market. I've not been for a couple of months (house move and Fibre Events), and for once the sun came out, so I had a lovely morning sat in the sun knitting. I don't sell a lot at Botton, but there again I don't have to pay for my table, so I don't mind, but around lunch time I had a rush of sales, there was a course being run and some of the delegates were hand spinners and knitters!
On Sunday I was at Malton Show in the Craft tent, I wasn't sure if I was going to go, with it being in a marquee and a field, considering the weather over the last few days. But a phone call from another stallholder on the Saturday afternoon to say that the field was bone dry, so "Monty" the campervan was loaded up and we set off early on Sunday morning.
The morning was quiet, plenty of people around, but very few sales. Things picked up after lunch and talking to other stallholders, they were having the same sort of day, but in the end it was a pretty good day and the sun shone all day. Not sure if I will do Malton show again, we will have to see how I feel when the stall application form drops into my in box.
I've no more markets now until September, starting with the British Wool Weekend at the Great Yorkshire Showground in Harrogate. But there will be no holiday for me in August as I've fibre and knitting wool to dye, headbands, gloves, wrist warmers and scarves to knit for selling in the run up to Christmas as well as re-label my existing stock after the house move.

1 comment:

Freyalyn said...

Not to mention holding a gathering for people this Sunday!