Monday 9 July 2012

What can I knit with 100gms of sock yarn?

This is a question I get asked quite a lot at the markets I attend. So here is a picture to show what 100gms of sock yarn will make.
2 pairs of finger less mitts or wrist warmers and a headband/ear warmers.
At the moment I'm getting ready for Fibre East which is this weekend. I did have a bit of a panic about my fibre. A week ago, we had a really bad rainstorm (known locally as thunder Thursday) rain water seeped into my fibre store. Thankfully most of my fibre is stored in big plastic boxes, so very little fibre got wet, thank goodness, but at some point a new floor will have to be laid,  and I can't leave fibre stored in plastic bags as I usually do in readiness for shows or markets, unless they are off  the floor.

No comments: