Thursday 19 July 2012

Fibre East 2012

This was the first time I've taken my stall to Fibre East and even though it was held in a field, it was a beautiful event, that was until the thunder storm on the Friday night! The rain didn't get into the marquees, but the water table rose and at one point there was 5" of water in front of my stall.The weather seemed to have an effect on the number of people who came to the event, and even though sales were a little slow, I did come away with a profit over the weekend.
I did make one purchase, some wool from The Natural Fibre Company, a raid of their bargain bin, for some wool to knit their fitted jacket pattern I picked up at Woolfest some 3 weeks earlier. I also got a lot of knitting done.
When I arrived at Fibre East on the Friday night, I had only done 3" of the leg rib, and when I left on the Sunday all that was left to do was the toe shaping. Which is now done.
Will I do Fibre East again, yes I will, just hope that the weather is a lot better

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your stall at Fibre East! I ended up buying one of your "smiley" yarn holders and some lovely baby alpaca fleece. Do you sell any of the undyed alpaca fleece online? Otherwise I guess I'll have to find your stall at some future event.

Denise said...

Yes I do, sell un dyed Alpaca fibre on line. Keep an eye on my Folksy account as I will be putting all my fibre on it in August