Sunday 13 November 2011

Christmas is coming........

I was checking my diary this morning, when it suddenly dawned on me that from this weekend and every weekend until Christmas, I am attending either a craft fair or market, and after my sales yesterday at Saltburn Farmer's Market, I'm going to have to ring my wool supplier to top up my diminishing knitting wool stocks, which will mean loads of dying to do as well. I'd better check my dye supplies as well just to be on the safe side.
Now that the days are getting shorter, the hens are laying fewer and fewer eggs and some have started to go into their annual moult, and so are looking very bedraggled.
Hotpot has now covered all the ewes he's with, so tomorrow we will be changing his raddle colour to blue, this way we will know if any of the ewes have failed to take the first time round. But it's 3 weeks since Frea, Missy and one of the Scotties were covered with the yellow raddle, and they have stayed yellow, so it's more or less safe to say they will/should lamb the middle of March 2012, and if the rest of the ewes hold, we should finish lambing around the 1st April 2012. A nice tight lambing, hopefully.

No comments: