Sunday 7 August 2011

Autumn Sheep Sales

It may only be the beginning of August, but already the dates are out for the forthcoming autumn sheep sales and with us selling our smallholding we need to keep an eye on the forthcoming sales to ensure that we don't miss the right market to sell our sheep. To that end our gimmer lambs are to be booked into the store lamb sale that takes place a week on Wednesday.
We plan to sell our of our lambs through the store lamb sales, and the shearling lambs through the breed sales, all which happen over the next couple of months. The ewes will be the last to be sold, we intend to keep them for as long as possible so that they can help keep the grass down.
We have someone coming to buy 3 of my Maran hens on Monday night, I've decided just to keep my Cream Legbar hens, but sell the Maran hens and I will have to sell "Cornflakes" my Cream Legbar Cockerel, and on Tuesday morning someone is coming to look at buying Gus my Teeswater Tup, and once Gus is gone Ghilli and Grommet will move over to Jayne's. Once they have moved it will seem very strange without them here.

No comments: