Sunday 11 July 2010

Lambs and Farmer's Market

Firstly thanks for all your lovely comments about Deefa in stained glass, I will be seeing Jayne this week, so I will pass them onto her.
On Monday we had all the lambs in for their final Heptovac injections, checked their feet as one or two are limping (a quick squirt of Bactokil soon sort them out) and finally give their backs and bums a squirt of Crovect as a protection against fly strike. We're glad we did as on Tuesday we noticed that one of the pet lambs kept looking at it's back leg and on closer examination, he had a few small maggots at the top of his tail. So he got another good squirt of Crovect. When we checked him again the following day, there was no sign of maggots, and no sign of any skin damage, so we'd caught it in good time.
Yesterday I was at Saltburn Farmer's Market. I don't know if it was the warm weather, but there were more people looking rather than buying. But it was still nice to see everybody. Next market is in August, so we will see how it goes.
Tomorrow I have a trip to Newcastle to sit at the Employment Tribunal Court and on Tuesday, I should be in Thornaby, no doubt I will find out on Monday afternoon. If the wind has dropped Tim is hoping to do some work on the barn now that the bruising on his hand has gone down some what.

1 comment:

Jon Storey said...

I believe that I learnt to walk at Saltburn on my one and only visit. I must return to the scene of this momentous event!

Hope you have a good trip to Newcastle.